Inane Rantings Of My So-called Life

Sunday, August 21, 2005

3some coosome

Went out to get some air last night. As usual it was at Starbucks Gateway, the place i normally go to cool down. Yesterday afternoon was yet another "init-ulo" episode. The usual reason this past 2 weeks.

I like Starbucks Gateway. Its not that bustling and yet not that dead quiet either. Havent been there for quite some time. The baristas there are some sort of my friends. Lalo na yung isa. Hehehe. Thats another story.

As I was simmering in one of there benches outside, smoking my lungs out, with a scowl on my face (gawd! this might get permanent!), blankly staring into nothing, a guy came up to me and asked "Mind if I sit down?". With furrowed brows I looked if there were other vacant seats. To my dismay, wala. Although I didnt want to share my table, i figured, what the fuck, he is kinda cute anyway and had the wiff of something fishy (landi talaga! hahaha), so I just vaguely waved my hand and barely audibly uttered "yeah sure, whatever". After a few minutes, another guy arrived with their drinks (not bad looking either..hmmm). Based on how the first guy's face lit up when the other guy arrived, they were apparently partners. I gave an inward groan "tang ina, nananadya ba talaga??!"

As the 2nd guy approached, he was polite to ask me "dude, ok lang if we share your table?". Even though i wanted to be alone,i just gave a barely perceptible shrug and a curt tungo of the head, hell his partner was already sitting there and there were no seat available (note that even though im not social to strangers normaly, much more if im in a foul mood, im not rude).

Minding my own business, I just sipped my fave drink (venti strawberries and cream, no whip) and was going through more than half of my first pack of yosi patay-sindi , fumigating my side of the table, when out of the blue 2nd guy asked me "dude, are you ok?". Brows furrowing, defense mode up, "yeah" was all i said. Then 1st guy aked "may problema ba? mukhang gusto mo mang bigwas ng tao eh. at easy lang sa yosi". I was about to deliver a blistering retort but their cute smiles stopped me short (hala lagot! malandi!!! hahahaha). 2nd guy then introduced themselves. And thats when i got to know Gino (first guy) and Allen/Al (2nd guy) a happy couple.

Friendly people they are. Under normal circumstances, i dont talk to strangers, but with these guys, i became friendly. Probably because they were nice, polite and their smiles were genuine and maybe i wanted to forget whats eating me. At first it was isang tanong-isang sagot but later on, i loosened up with Gino's corny jokes and Al's smart quips. Their laughs were infectous. Havent had a good laugh for quite sometime. After the ritual getting-to-know-you routine and when we were all comftable with each other, Al popped the question which i dreaded for them to ask. "want to have sex with us?" hahahaha! nah, not that question (theyre not into open relationship thingy.. the thought floated in my head though...), he asked "whats seems to be the problem?" Not wanting to rant on whats bothering me, i tried (though unsuccesfully) to divert the topic.

I asked them instead, "what gave you the idea na may problema ako?" It was halatang halata daw. "Im pissed off" was written allover my face and i had barely contained hostility when they approached. Jahe!! hahahaha! And i was smoking like a chimney. Well, they caught me. Might as well bring the cat out of the bag. I narrated the events that took place the past month or so. Whats good with telling it to complete strangers is they are not tainted with biases (like my barkada who would automatically take my side in any situation). They did not judge me or that person. Its universal however when they said that why should i care for someone who obviously doesnt care how i feel? If that person doesnt think about how you feel with his words or actions, obviously does not care. Bakit ganon i asked them. They didnt know the answer. Only i daw can answer that.

We spent the whole night til closing time talking and laughing. Had a great time with those two dudes. Im thankful that even though they didnt know me, they took the time to cheer me up. Nothing new came out of there advices though. Coz ive been hearing them quite a number of times now. Except for one thing, they said its ok to loathe that person. Its all but normal. Gino started to say something that sounded charismatic which almost made my eyes roll skyward but it didnt. He said, "If God can forgive, 7 times 777 (or something), why cant we?" and he went on saying that "but were not God. God can forgive because He's God". Wow. that was profound. Tama nga naman.

Aba aba, novela ito! hahahahaha! alam kong wala kayong pakialam, gusto ko lang i-share... bwahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home